Food | #ICook | Avocado n' Cauli Dip with Pita Chips & Smoked Salmon



First off, this recipe is just about making the dip and the rest were just ready-to-eat store bought items he he.

Secondly, I initially planned to just use avocado but somehow I saw beautiful cauliflowers on display when I was shopping for the ingredients at Tesco and suddenly thought of combining guacamole and some cauliflower puree recipes to make this dip ><

But most importantly, it was Giada that inspired me to make it although she was fixing a totally different thing on her Food Network show Giada at Home - artichoke and bacon dip served with pita chips  he he.

No artichokes here, so avocado it is .. eyeballing, 

I used:
1 avocado; roughly chopped
2 heaping tbsp sour cream
1 heaping tbsp mayonnaise
1/2 red onion; diced
1 cup cauliflower florets
1 cup low fat milk
1 clove of garlic
2 tbsp lime juice
1 tbsp sunflower oil
Spring onion; chopped
Crushed black pepper and salt to taste

For chips, I used
2 pieces of pita bread; cut into 8
Tortilla wraps; cut into small pieces


Roughly chopped avocado
Best tasting wrap available in the market for me .. at the moment at least ;)
Cut pita bread 


Making it:
1.  I heated the milk in a pan and added the cauliflower florets and garlic clove when the milk started to bubble.



2. Meanwhile, I threw everything else in the food processor except the diced onion and scallion and blitzed them together until smooth. 

3. When the florets in the milk have softened and  the milk reduced, I mashed them all using the hand masher right in the pan while the heat was still on (I wish I had the mechanized one sob..). 

Mashed cauliflower
I wanted some texture in the dip, so I just mashed them until they turned into tiny grains, not completely smooth and let the residual milk to reduce further in the heat leaving lumps of cauliflower puree in the pan. Left to cool down for a bit.

4. Later, I mixed well both the avocado and cauliflower puree in a bowl, sprinkled the chopped onion and scallion, seasoning and folded everything together. Done! 

Both cauli and avocado puree folded in, seasoned and ready to serve

To serve, I simply cut up a couple of pita bread and tortilla wraps into small pieces and toasted them in the oven at around 180 degree Celsius until crispy and golden brown and laid out strips of room temperature smoked salmon. 

This is awesome with your favorite Lays or Chachos chips too of course ;)

Happy dipping! :P




P/s: The avocado I bought was actually still pretty hard, that's why I decided to blitz it. If had a really smooth and ripe one I would have just roughly chopped it and pressed it using a fork while mixing together with sour cream and mayonnaise for texture.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Outdoor Malaysia | N. Sembilan | Gua Batu Maloi Caving Package

REVIEW | Colosseum - A NEW Event Space in Glenmarie Shah Alam

Harga Pakej Untuk Menerokai Gua Batu Maloi di Johol, Negeri Sembilan

Budget Travel Korea | Seoul | Han River Live Music Cruise

Budget Travel Korea | Seoul | Sulbing (설빙) Korean Dessert Cafe

Outdoor Malaysia | Perak | Whitewater Rafting in Gopeng

Budget Travel Korea | Busan | Samarkand Halal Uzbekistan Food Restaurant

Budget Travel Korea | Seoul | Eid 이드 Halal Korean Food Restaurant

Budget Travel Korea | Jeju | Raw Seafood & Haenyeo (woman diver) @ Seongsan Ilchulbong Peak

Budget Travel Indonesia | Banda Aceh & Pulau Weh | Getting There & Staying Connected